Football Player Combine Information Sheet:
Objective: Provide scholarship opportunities for El Paso senior high school football players in the greater El Paso area to receive higher education by playing football.
Background: The Greater El Paso Football Showcase Combine has been in existence since Dec. 2011. This will be the 9th consecutive year of the combine.
Over the past seven years, the combine has awarded over
$15.8 Million worth of scholarships to over 230 El Paso students.
Player Registration: Registration for the 2019 Combine is completed through your high school head football coach.
Your head football coach will have the following paperwork to issue you to complete, get signed by parents/guardian and returned to your head coach by DECEMBER 1, 2020.
- Application form. Players must return registration forms completed to head coach no later than December 1, 2019. The application must be signed and dated by the parents/guardians on the physical examination and the hold harmless sections.
- Combine Information Sheet. This sheet provides information about the combine.
- Combine College Parent/Player meeting flyer. This flyer gives notice of meeting.
Registration: 2:30 @ Socorro Student Complex
Begins: 3:30 – 6:00 Parent/College coach meeting to follow.
Focus: With El Paso not being in a metropolitan area, it is difficult for many colleges to recruit El Paso. The combine focuses on Division I, II, and NAIA colleges to visit El Paso students that were not recruited by Division I colleges.
Colleges: There are 50 colleges with 65 college coaches expected to attend the 2020 combine. The colleges range from throughout Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Kansas, Arizona, Oregon, Wisconsin, Illinois, North Dakota, Missouri, Iowa, and Indiana. These college’s attend with intend to offer scholarships immediately to the El Paso athletes. Scholarships range from athletic, academic, or financial need base.
Attendees: Eligibility requirements for participants are:
- Must have SAT/ACT SCORES by Dec. 1, 2020.
- Must be a graduating high school senior for class of 2021
- Must meet one of the following:
- Scored 800 or above on SAT math/verbal
- Scored 16 or above on ACT
- Upper half of graduation class
- GPA of 2.2 or above
Cost: Free to all eligible participants
Staff: All-Greater El Paso Football Showcase committee members, coaches, and administration are volunteers without pay. All expenses are covered by sponsorship donations.
Contact: Rick Hernandez Executive Director of GEPFS may be contacted @ 915-478-6904
Brian Flores, Combine Coordinator of GEPFS may be contacted @ 915-920-2097
Notice: There will be a Combine Parent Night on TBA, 6:30 PM at EPCC 9050 Viscount Blvd., El Paso, TX 79925. The purpose of the meeting is to provide information on preparing for the combine, college entrance requirements, scholarship offers, college life for students.