The band is the life of the party!!!
Band Member Invitation:
- Band members will receive an invitation to participate in the game by mail. The letter will have all information about meeting and game day agenda.
- If band member does not receive letter in the mail by November 15, 2017 then band member can pick up invitation letter from school band director.
- All senior band members are eligible to participate and INVITED!!!!
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2017, band meeting at YISD central office at 7:00 PM.
- All Star Game
- Saturday, December 16, 2017
- 7:30 AM
- Sun Bowl
There will be a meeting for all senior band members and flag team on
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- YISD Central Office, 9600 Sims Dr. El Paso, TX 79925
- 7:00 PM
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Review and discuss game day performance, music, format, etc.
- Take All Star program pictures.
- Receive free All Star T-Shirt.
- Purchase tickets at one time only price of $5.00.
- Purchase souvenir All Star patch for $10.
- Order All Star group photos and memory shots for game program.
- All orders on Tuesday, Dec. 28th must be paid with cash, check, or credit card (VISA/Master card).
- Please make checks payable to Greater El Paso Football Showcase.
- Parents are encouraged to attend but not mandatory.
- If band member does not attend the meeting on Nov. 28th, they can still participate on day of the game, they just will not 1) have picture in program, 2) receive T-Shirt, 3) be able to purchase ticket at reduced price.
- As a senior All-Star participant, you will be eligible for a scholarship.
- Scholarship applications can be picked up at the meeting.
- The scholarship application must be completed and submitted to Mr. Pat O’Neill at Ysleta ISD by noon, January 31, 2017.
NOTE: FOR SENIOR BAND MEMBER TO BE ELIGIBLSCHOLARSHIPARSHIP THEY MUST PERFORM AND BE IN ATTENDANCE OF GAME UNTIL DISMISSED BY BAND DIRECTOR. BAND DIRECTORS WILL TAKE ROLL ON DAY OF GAME FOR VERIFICATION.
Game Day Band Agenda
7:30 AM Buses from participating high schools arrive at the Sun Bowl North Gate (by Durham Center). Participating schools are:
Chapin HS, Parkland HS, Riverside HS, Eastlake HS, Mountain View HS, Canutillo HS and Anthony HS.
Seniors provide their own transportation. Seniors from schools representing their districts may come in buses.
Band members bring band uniforms to change into for game. Rehearsal is in regular street clothes.
7:30 to 11:15 AM Band rehearsal in Sun Bowl.
11:30 AM Patches (if available) on sale on the field, $10.
11:30 AM Band proceeds to the east side of Sun Bowl first floor concourse for pizza & drinks. (Fun Zone)
12:00 PM Band members report back to buses parked in north parking lot by Kid Field to dress into band uniforms.
12:20 PM Drum corps lines up on 20-yard line on east side of the football field for player introductions.
12:20 PM Band is seated in the band area in stands. (Area below Durham Ctr.)
******During the game band frequently plays stand songs. The band is the life of the party!!!
Fourth Quarter: Five minutes into the fourth quarter (10 minutes showing on game clock) bands may leave the game if they wish. The longer band members stay the better for the game.
Senior band members must check out with band director no earlier than five
minutes into the fourth quarter to be eligible for scholarship.
Deadline to apply for scholarships is Friday, January 30, 2017 with Mr. Pat O’Neill
YISD. Applications may be printed off web @ www.gepfs.org.
Mr. Marty Olivas YISD (915) 727-3570
Mr. Julio Castillo EPISD (915) 760-8517
Rick Hernandez (915) 478-6904
Our Amazing Sponsors
Everything we do would not be possible without the support of our incredible sponsors! We appreciate your support in offering your patronage to these amazing businesses.
Keep in Touch
Send us a note if you have any questions